The best balance between speed, cost and reliability.
Multimodal transportation involves several types of transport, organized by one company (freight forwarder / logistics) responsible for the actions of third companies, as for his own.
The company FINCARGO provides multimodal transportation from anywhere in the world by road, sea and air transport
Here's an example: you need get container with cargo from China to the consignee's warehouse in Russia. Transportation will consist of the following stages:
1. Delivery empty marine container to the China factory
2. Container loading
3. Provide customs and marine paper formalities for export from China of the cargo in the container
4. Return the loaded container in the Chinese port of departure and transfer it's to sea lines
5. Exit ocean vessel from China to European port, for example, in Hamburg
6. Unloading a container in the port of Hamburg
7. Loading of container feeder vessel (a ship engaged in the transportation of containers at the local ports of the Baltic sea)
8. Unloading a container in the port of Kotka
9. Papers to export (transit) of the container in Russia: lift the container on truck board, TIR, CMR
10. Loading the container on truck
11. Pass Finnish Customs in the port of Kotka
12. Pass Finnish-Russian border crossing point
13. The arrival of container at the customs terminal assignment in Russia
14. Customs clearance
15. Shipping container to the consignee's warehouse and unloading
16. Return of empty container to the port of Kotka
Here we briefly list the stages of cargo transportation by sea from China to Russia through Finnish port of Kotka.
Multimodal transportation technology is identical actually. Differences only in the routes, means of transport, and documentation management.
Multimodal transportation is often customs carriage, it means the carrier is under Customs control. And with Customs, as you know, the jokes are bad, and this is an additional factor of reliability. Admission to the customs transportation requires technical readiness of the truck, the driver and, in general, the company that owns the vehicle, not to mention air and sea transportation. In addition to the above, we are ready to offer conditions of carriage, from which be difficult to refuse, including a full range of forwarding services, customs clearance and storage of goods.